- Addressable audience segmentation
- Customer acquisition
- Brand engagement
- Loyalty & rewards
How Louis Vuitton made luxury brand history in Web3
- The team at Louis Vuitton set out on “a new voyage of creation with Web3.” Their objective: create an experience “designed for those who seek to travel through new dreams and new realities, and collect unique creations along the way”
- Goal was to demonstrate how an NFT collection could capture the imagination, showcase the company’s innovation, and lay the groundwork for an extended campaign
- To do that, the company would have to build the marketing infrastructure, data analysis capabilities and creative assets to deliver its promise of excellence.
- Embody the Louis Vuitton brand and all that it stands for by creating an NFT that was non-transferable, so truly reflective of the passion and intent of its owners
- Identify from millions of wallet-holders those who embody the brand and its value proposition; and make the experience of receiving and owning it a truly exceptional experience
- Taking the brand’s iconic trunk as its centerpiece, the Louis Vuitton Via Treasure Trunk NFT collection was created – linking physical and digital experiences and rewards in truly spectacular fashion.
Building the Infrastructure with Absolute Labs
Job one for absolute labs: quickly and efficiently implement an enterprise-grade secure and private Web3 marketing stack that could combine both on-chain data and the brand’s own first-party data for analysis and implementation; provide the insights and analysis to create a custom audience to invite to participate in the program; and, enable the minting and automated delivery of soulbound tokens – a non-transferable protocol that makes NFT “flipping” impossible.
Working hand-in-hand with the Louis Vuitton digital innovation team and other suppliers, absolute labs provided the expertise needed to implement this in less than two months and under budget.
Identifying the Audience
To build its addressable market of eligible invitees, Louis Vuitton leveraged the absolute labs Wallet Relationship Management™ platform and its powerful audience analysis and segmentation capabilities, including AI-driven “look-alike-audiences.” Perhaps equally important, the WRM platform enabled Louis Vuitton to ensure that all wallets on international sanction designation lists were excluded from consideration.
The Via Treasure Trunk team was then ready to invite consumers to participate. Those who were interested were invited to connect their web wallet as a form of identity, and provide requisite personal details by which they could be considered for the next stage: an invitation to purchase the €39,000 phygitals.
Launching the Experience
From delivering an invitation to be considered for a coveted Via Treasure Trunk, to making the actual minting and purchase of the soulbound tokens possible, the Absolute Labs WRM platform’s “Flows” feature was a critical part of the equation. The automation engine of the platform enables marketers to build omnichannel campaigns leveraging both Web2 and Web3 assets, leveraging behavioral triggers and complex “if/then” rules. Despite this sophistication, the platform is remarkably easy to use.
Reach new heights with WRM™
Don't wait any longer, get a live demo and take your customer engagement to new heights.